Grokbase Groups PHP php-doc June 2007
From: salsi at icosaedro dot it
Operating system:
PHP version: Irrelevant
PHP Bug Type: Documentation problem
Bug description: Example 19.40: My_Reflection_Method::$visibility is string or array?

------------
Manual page about the Reflection* classes, example 10.40 "Extending the
built-in classes". The property My_Reflection_Method::$visibility gets
initialized with an empty string, then an array generated by
Reflection::getModifierNames() is assigned. This confused me a bit before I
realized the returned value is, indeed, an array.

I suggest to modify this example so to save time to the future readers
either changing the initial value of the property to "array()" or adding a
join() to the value returned by getModifierNames().

Search Discussions

  • Vrana at Aug 17, 2007 at 4:42 am
    ID: 41572
    Updated by: vrana@php.net
    Reported By: salsi at icosaedro dot it
    Bug Type: Documentation problem
    PHP Version: Irrelevant
    New Comment:

    This bug has been fixed in the documentation's XML sources. Since the
    online and downloadable versions of the documentation need some time
    to get updated, we would like to ask you to be a bit patient.

    Thank you for the report, and for helping us make our documentation
    better.

    Initialized to array().

    Previous Comments:

    [2007-06-02 21:17:38] salsi at icosaedro dot it

    ------------
    Manual page about the Reflection* classes, example 10.40 "Extending the
    built-in classes". The property My_Reflection_Method::$visibility gets
    initialized with an empty string, then an array generated by
    Reflection::getModifierNames() is assigned. This confused me a bit
    before I realized the returned value is, indeed, an array.

    I suggest to modify this example so to save time to the future readers
    either changing the initial value of the property to "array()" or adding
    a join() to the value returned by getModifierNames().

    Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=41572&edit=1

groupphp-doc @
categoriesphp
postedJun 2, '07 at 9:17p