[PEAR] PEAR refuses to install to specified directory... Ignores specified directory

Daniel Joyce
Feb 6, 2003 at 7:13 pm
I've gone into my php.ini in c:\winnt\ and changed the include path to...

include_path = "D:\PHP\includes;D:\PHP\pear"

Yet, when I run...

D:\PHP\cli>php -n -r "include 'http://go-pear.org';"

It asks me to tell it the base dir...

So I say d:\PHP

Then it installs, and says it installed to d:\PHP

But it prints out the following....

WARNING! The include_path defined in the currently used php.ini does not
contain the PEAR PHP directory you just specified. If the specified
directory is also not in the include_path used by your scripts, you
will have problems getting any PEAR packages working.

Please look over your php.ini file to make sure
d:\PHP\pear is in your include_path.
Current include path : .;c:\php4\pear
Configured directory : d:\PHP\pear
Currently used php.ini (guess) : c:\winnt\php.ini

Press Enter to continue:

The 'pear' command is now at your service at d:\PHP\pear
.
And when I check, the damn thing installed to C:\PHP\pear and not
d:\PHP\pear. I've even tried using "d:\\PHP" as the path, as sometimes
'\' in the path confuses PHP.

My PHP.INI is set up correctly, so why the heck is PEAR ignoring it, and
ignoring what I tell it to do?

( My include path is set up correctly too, else the relative path
includes I'm using in PHP pages would not work.... )

-Daniel
reply

Search Discussions

1 response

  • Tony Bibbs at Feb 6, 2003 at 7:47 pm
    Use the pear command line by typing "pear config-show"

    that will tell you where it is trying to install pear packages. To fix
    type just "pear" and it will print the available commands...pay particular
    attention to the config* ones.

    --Tony

    --
    Tony Bibbs | "I guess you have to remember that those who don't |

Tony Bibbs: 1 post Daniel Joyce: 1 post