Adam,

I seem to see too many people falling in the trap of not
removing Active Perl before trying to use Strawberry Perl
and when things don't work blaming it on Strawberry Perl.

In order to reduce the frustration, if possible Strawberry should
work along with other installed perl just as you can install
several perls on Linux.

If it is not possible or too much work it should try to recognize
that there is another Perl in the PATH and warn about it.

Gabor

Search Discussions

  • David Golden at Dec 12, 2008 at 2:36 pm
    My first reactionary response is to say that its a user problem. But
    since that isn't what Strawberry is supposed to be about, the right
    approach is probably to detect other Perls in the PATH and ask which
    should be preferred.

    However, I'd like to hear more about the nature of the problems.
    Unless Padre is shelling out to "perl" and not $^X. I'm surprised that
    the problems are significant.

    David