George,

I'm using the version of PHP you sent me last week to create tests
for the new Bricolage PHP burner, but suddenly it's not working. It
hangs during the execution of PHP::Interpreter->new. I tried to build
a new version from SVN, but it hung during the execution of the first
test! In each case, Perl is hogging up a lot of CPU time (50-80%). I
have no idea what might have changed on my system. Any ideas?

Thanks,

David

Search Discussions

  • George Schlossnagle at Jul 25, 2005 at 6:10 pm
    Can you remove the original bits you installed and make sure
    everything is fully updated? I had that problem early in the porting
    exercise, but it works fine now - I think it was a problem with it
    using an old copy of PHP::Interpreter which didn't bootstrap.

    George

    I'm using the version of PHP you sent me last week to create tests
    for the new Bricolage PHP burner, but suddenly it's not working. It
    hangs during the execution of PHP::Interpreter->new. I tried to
    build a new version from SVN, but it hung during the execution of
    the first test! In each case, Perl is hogging up a lot of CPU time
    (50-80%). I have no idea what might have changed on my system. Any
    ideas?

    Thanks,

    David
    George Schlossnagle

    -- Vice President of Engineering
    -- OmniTI Computer Consulting
    -- http://www.omniti.com
  • David Wheeler at Jul 25, 2005 at 6:20 pm

    Can you remove the original bits you installed and make sure
    everything is fully updated? I had that problem early in the
    porting exercise, but it works fine now - I think it was a problem
    with it using an old copy of PHP::Interpreter which didn't bootstrap.
    Okay, I've done this:

    sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/darwin-2level/PHP*
    perl Makefile.PL
    make
    make test

    And it's still hanging during t/1.t. :-(

    David

groupphp-sandwich-dev @
categoriesperl
postedJul 25, '05 at 5:46p