Chip,

I blush every time I hear the Jpython people boast about how
Python for the Java Virtual Machine is the way to script
JavaBeans and EJB... and think "Perl will kick your butt you #@$!"
:) but we're moving in that direction and the JPL project to
get perl5 working good with Java VM looks a year off and
with severely crippled functionality.

What thought have you done about making perl6 run in the JVM?
Now that'd be the way to do EJB! :=)
--
Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. -
<chip@valinux.com>

montyd
<servlet_man@email.com>

Search Discussions

  • Stephen Zander at Apr 6, 2000 at 2:14 pm
    "Monty" == Dickerson, Monty W writes:
    Monty> What thought have you done about making perl6 run in the
    Monty> JVM? Now that'd be the way to do EJB! :=)

    Monty, you want the jpl project or more accurately Bradley Kuhn's
    <URL:mailto:bkuhn@ebb.org> work for his Master's thesis. Send mail to
    jpl@perl.org for more information.

    Bradley's stuff is still pretty alpha.

    --
    Stephen

    "Farcical aquatic ceremonies are no basis for a system of government!"

groupperl6-porters @
categoriesperl
postedApr 5, '00 at 6:21p
activeApr 6, '00 at 2:14p