Reports of Topaz' release are greatly exaggerated

Chip Salzenberg
Apr 4, 2000 at 8:15 pm
Stephen Potter pointed me to this rather surprising IDG story:

<URL:http://www.sunworld.com/sunworldonline/swol-03-2000/swol-03-perl.html>

In Singapore I gave an updated version of the Topaz talk from last
year's Perl Conference. Apparently, this reporter missed a few
nuances:

1. I've committed to demonstrate Topaz running *simple* Perl programs
at TPC 4.0 (which is actually in July).

2. I'm planning to use Borland's C++ compiler for Topaz's Windows
support, because it's very MS-compatible, but free (as in beer).

I wonder how to best counter the incorrect message(s) in this
otherwise very positive article. A slashdot story? Eh, maybe when we
have some milestone like having the parser working.

Suggestions?
--
Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. - <chip@valinux.com>
but he stepped in a wormhole and had to go in early." // MST3K

1 user in discussion

Chip Salzenberg: 1 post