Hi

I just wonder why there is no Perl module
for developing perl itself. We can develop
Apache modules in perl, Tk in perl, X in perl,
Xwindows managers in perl, etc, then why
not Perl itself.

It will make the perl development easier?

Cheers,

Jong

--

History is a field of Biology.
It is the last second evolutionary record of life process

Search Discussions

  • Ken Fox at Jan 8, 2000 at 1:41 am

    Jong Park writes:
    I just wonder why there is no Perl module
    for developing perl itself.
    I don't really understand the question. From my point of
    view a great deal of the standard Perl environment is developed
    in perl, not C. The reverse is true too -- perl depends upon
    Perl. Take a look at the *.pl files in the perl source directory.

    Are you suggesting a complete re-write of perl into Perl? Maybe
    something like scheme48 or the Java compiler?

    - Ken

    --
    Ken Fox, kfox@ford.com, (313)59-44794
    Ford Motor Company, Powertrain | "Is this some sort of trick

groupperl6-porters @
categoriesperl
postedJan 7, '00 at 9:43p
activeJan 8, '00 at 1:41a