language-strict WG deadline is tomorrow!

J. David Blackstone
Aug 18, 2000 at 1:38 am
This message is intended to remind us all that the deadline for this
working group is _tomorrow_. I feel we've hashed out most of the
details of the various proposals and that any other issues will be
minor or can be settled closer to implementation time.

I realize I've spewed a whole lot of new ideas on to this list very
late in the game, and I encourage anyone who has comments to make to
make an extra effort to get them in tonight. (Or today, depending on
which side of the globe you are on.) I have a new version of every
single RFC I've submitted in the works, but if I get them in tonight
and see a whole lot of new comments tomorrow, I can still revise
again.

If a lot of people feel that there's a substantial amount of
additional things to discuss here, I'm sure we can request an
extension or re-opening of the working group.

It's been fun!

J. David

P.S. I still wish we'd called it "language-scope." :)
reply

Search Discussions

1 response

  • Nathan Wiger at Aug 18, 2000 at 3:42 am

    This message is intended to remind us all that the deadline for this
    working group is _tomorrow_.
    Not so fast!

    This is not true anymore. I sent an email to K. requesting all the
    current sublists be made permanent. She agreed. Here's the list of
    *permanent* sublists:

    -io = ALL I/O issues, like open/socket/filehandles
    -subs = ALL sub/method/func issues, like lvalue subs
    -strict = ALL lexical/global variable scoping issues
    -objects = ALL OO and module issues
    -flow = ALL flow/threading issues
    -errors = ALL error handling issues
    -datetime = ALL date/time/etc issue
    -data = ALL PDL/data/array parsing and math issues

    You're stuck with this list, J. David. Get used to it. :-) I'm sure
    there are many more scoping issues to come...
    P.S. I still wish we'd called it "language-scope." :)
    Me too...

    Cheers,
    Nate