# New Ticket Created by Father Chrysostomos
# Please include the string: [perl #128250]

$ perl -ne 'print if s/^=head(.)/" "x$1/e' pod/perlref.pod
    NAME
    NOTE
    DESCRIPTION
      Making References
      Using References
      Circular References
      Symbolic references
      Not-so-symbolic references
      Pseudo-hashes: Using an array as a hash
      Function Templates
    WARNING
    Postfix Dereference Syntax
      Postfix Reference Slicing
    Assigning to References
    SEE ALSO

Most of the documentation is under the DESCRIPTION section, which makes sense. The postfix dereference syntax was added after the warning, as a top-level section, and then I blithely added the section on assigning to references after it.

The WARNING is about using references as hash keys, which may not do what you want.

Should that perhaps be made a subsection of DESCRIPTION, or should we move it to the end of the documentation, where it used to be?

--

Father Chrysostomos

Search Discussions

  • James E Keenan via RT at May 27, 2016 at 12:36 am

[...]

    I am attaching a patch which is a slightly more than bare-bones implementation of your suggestion. Please review.

    Thank you very much.

    --
    James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

    ---