I got much more failures with MSVC9 and mingw, both DEBUGGING threaded
after a cpan session, which sets
the PERL_JSON_BACKEND and PERL_YAML_BACKEND env vars.

[perl #112612] is required to fix a Encode encxs problems with
perlglob (CORE only).
miniperl.exe is not able to call perlglob.exe, perl.exe is. I guess
it's a path issue in the system call.
Broken with both mingw and MSVC.

MB+EUMM needs unset the ENV for JSON::XS and YAML backends if run from
a win32 makefile. See the attached log.

Pod/Simple/Text.pm still has a wrong \E at line 74

mingw/msvc9 with empty PERL_JSON_BACKEND and PERL_YAML_BACKEND:
Test Summary Report
-------------------
op/fork.t
(Wstat: 0 Tests: 25 Failed: 1)
Failed test: 16
../cpan/CGI/t/tmpdir.t
(Wstat: 0 Tests: 9 Failed: 0)
TODO passed: 3-9
Files=2329, Tests=528604, 4321 wallclock secs (55.20 usr + 4.53 sys =
59.73 CPU)
Result: FAIL

Anyone else?

BTW: I'm halfway through getting rid of the win32 special make- and
config files for mingw, msys and msvc
(requiring mingw bash, using Configure as with cygwin), but this will
need some more time.

Search Discussions

  • Tony Cook at Apr 26, 2012 at 12:15 am

[...]

    I haven't seen any problems building Encode with blead with MSVC 9 free.

    The op/fork.t failure you list was fixed in 253649d9.
    BTW: I'm halfway through getting rid of the win32 special make- and
    config files for mingw, msys and msvc
    (requiring mingw bash, using Configure as with cygwin), but this will
    need some more time.
    Consolidating the build processes is a nice idea... but I don't think
    the existing Win32 are going to get removed if there's a requirement
    for the builder to install bash.

    Tony
  • Reini Urban at Apr 26, 2012 at 6:27 pm

    BTW: I'm halfway through getting rid of the win32 special make- and
    config files for mingw, msys and msvc
    (requiring mingw bash, using Configure as with cygwin), but this will
    need some more time.
    Consolidating the build processes is a nice idea... but I don't think
    the existing Win32 are going to get removed if there's a requirement
    for the builder to install bash.
    Sure, purely optional. cmd.exe is still the default option.
    --
    Reini
  • Ricardo Signes at May 3, 2012 at 2:21 am
    I got much more failures with MSVC9 and mingw, both DEBUGGING threaded
    after a cpan session, which sets
    the PERL_JSON_BACKEND and PERL_YAML_BACKEND env vars.

    [...]

    MB+EUMM needs unset the ENV for JSON::XS and YAML backends if run from
    a win32 makefile. See the attached log.

    mingw/msvc9 with empty PERL_JSON_BACKEND and PERL_YAML_BACKEND:
    Is there a ticket about this? Or can you explain more thoroughly? I'm not
    sure what you're suggesting needs to be actually done.

    --
    rjbs
  • Brian Fraser at May 3, 2012 at 2:40 am