Grokbase Groups Perl modules May 2016
Hi David,

I’m emailing you wearing my PAUSE admin hat: I’m working on resolving conflicts caused by PAUSE now considering package names case insensitively. This has left us with some situations where people are owners of namespaces previously considered distinct, and now considered the same.

You have ownership of the following namespaces:

  Array
  Hash
  String

None of these modules are on CPAN (they may have been in the past). But your ownership clashes with ARRAY and HASH which are part of the autobox-Core distribution on CPAN (owned by SWALTERS), and the “string” module which is part of the “types” distribution, owned by ABERGMAN.

As a result I’d like to drop your permissions on these namespaces, to resolve the conflict. From looking at your releases, I don’t think this will cause any problems, but wanted to check with you. Are you ok with this?

PAUSE will no longer let situations like this occur, so I’m cleaning up historical cases like yours.

Cheers,
Neil

Search Discussions

  • Neil Bowers at May 28, 2016 at 10:53 pm
    Hi again David,
    Yep. Same story as with my previous reply for "Array". These are sub-modules of DailyUpdate/NewsClipper.
    Thanks — I’ve dropped your permissions on these.

    Cheers,
    Neil

[...]

    Cogendo

    T: +44 7880 741899
    W: www.cogendo.com
    M: neil.bowers@cogendo.com

    Cogendo is the trading name of Cogendo Limited, Registered in England & Wales, company no. 8944534.
    Registered office: Cedar House, Glade Road, Marlow, Buckinghamshire. SL7 1DQ.

groupmodules @
categoriesperl
postedMay 26, '16 at 7:52p
activeMay 28, '16 at 10:53p