Grokbase Groups Perl modules May 2016
Hi Roman,

I’m emailing you wearing my PAUSE admin hat: I’m working on resolving conflicts caused by PAUSE now considering package names case insensitively. This has left us with some situations where people are owners of namespaces previously considered distinct, and now considered the same.

You have ownership of the “Mt” namespace on PAUSE. This module is no longer on CPAN, but your ownership of the namespace conflicts with SHERZODR’s ownership of the “MT” module, which is on CPAN, indexed as part of the Net-MovableType distribution.

To resolve this conflict, I’d like to drop your permissions on the “Mt” namespace. From looking at your releases, I don’t think this will cause any problems, but wanted to check with you. Are you ok with this?

PAUSE will no longer let situations like this occur, so I’m cleaning up historical cases like yours.

Cheers,
Neil

Search Discussions

  • Roman Parparov at May 26, 2016 at 10:48 pm

[...]

    Hi Neil,

    You can drop the ownership, no problem,

    Thanks,

    R.
  • Neil Bowers at May 26, 2016 at 11:05 pm
    Hi Roman,
    You can drop the ownership, no problem
    Thanks — I’ve dropped your permissions on package “Mt”.

    Cheers,
    Neil

groupmodules @
categoriesperl
postedMay 26, '16 at 10:42p
activeMay 26, '16 at 11:05p
websitecpan.org...

2 users in discussion

Neil Bowers: 2 posts Roman Parparov: 1 post