Grokbase Groups Perl modules May 2016
Hi Brian,

I’m emailing you wearing my PAUSE admin hat: I’m working on resolving conflicts caused by PAUSE now considering package names case insensitively. This has left us with some situations where people are owners of namespaces previously considered distinct, and now considered the same.

You have ownership of the module “AO”, which clashes with ‘Ao’, owned by used FOOF. FOOF’s module is still indexed on CPAN, but your AO module is no longer on CPAN (I can see that it was last released to CPAN in January 2001, but can’t see when you removed it from CPAN).

As a result I’d like to drop your permissions on “AO”. From looking at your releases, I don’t think this will cause any problems, but wanted to check with you. Are you ok with this?

Cheers,
Neil

Search Discussions

  • Neil Bowers at May 25, 2016 at 10:51 pm
    I’m fine with it. thanks for checking!
    Thanks. I’ve just noticed that you have a bunch of AO::* package names owned as well. These aren’t in conflict, but I’m given I’m deleting the parent namespace, shall I drop your permissions on the subsidiary namespaces as well?
  • Neil Bowers at May 25, 2016 at 11:32 pm
    Sure.
    Thanks Brian — I’ve dropped those permissions.

    Cheers,
    Neil

groupmodules @
categoriesperl