Grokbase Groups Perl modules May 2016
Hi Lincoln,

I’m emailing you wearing my PAUSE admin hat: I’m working on resolving conflicts caused by PAUSE now considering package names case insensitively. This has left us with some situations where people are owners of namespaces previously considered distinct, and now considered the same.

You have ownership of the “autoload” namespace, but don’t have an autoload module (indexed) on CPAN. This conflicts with the “AutoLoad” module that user BBB has on CPAN, in release B/BB/BBB/Module-AutoLoad-0.04.tar.gz

To resolve this conflict I’d like to drop your permissions on “autoload”, so that BBB will unambiguously have ownership of the namespace. Are you ok with me doing this?

PAUSE doesn’t let these kinds of situations occur any more, so I’m working through the historical cases.

Cheers,
Neil

Search Discussions

  • Neil Bowers at May 24, 2016 at 10:39 pm
    Sure will. Thanks for letting me know. Do I transfer, or just relinquish?
    Just relinquish the ownership. When you do that a co-maint permission will almost certainly appear, so you’ll then need to drop that as well.

    I can do this for you, if you like? I’m doing it a lot at the moment, so well practiced.

    Cheers,
    Neil
  • Lincoln Stein at May 26, 2016 at 1:49 pm
    I've given up ownership of "autoload." Let me know if I did it correctly.

    Lincoln

    --
    *Lincoln Stein*

    Scientific Director (Interim), Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
    Director, Informatics and Bio-computing Program, OICR
    Senior Principal Investigator, OICR
    Professor, Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto

    *Ontario Institute for Cancer Research*
    MaRS Centre
    661 University Avenue
    Suite 510
    Toronto, Ontario
    Canada M5G 0A3

    Tel: 416-673-8514
    Mobile: 416-817-8240
    Email: lincoln.stein@gmail.com
    Toll-free: 1-866-678-6427
    Twitter: @OICR_news

    *Executive Assistant*
    *Frances Dirnbeck*
    Tel: 647-259-4253
    Email:frances.dirnbeck@oicr.on.ca <stacey.quinn@oicr.on.ca>
    www.oicr.on.ca

    This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged
    information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or
    distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally
    intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
    error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions,
    conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that
    of the organization.
  • Neil Bowers at May 26, 2016 at 1:54 pm

    I've given up ownership of "autoload.”
    Thank you!
    Let me know if I did it correctly.
    When you gave up ownership you ended up still having co-maint on “autoload”. I just dropped that for you.

    Cheers,
    Neil

groupmodules @
categoriesperl
postedMay 24, '16 at 10:16p
activeMay 26, '16 at 1:54p
websitecpan.org...

2 users in discussion

Neil Bowers: 3 posts Lincoln Stein: 1 post