Grokbase Groups Perl modules May 2016

I’m emailing you wearing my PAUSE admin hat: I’m working on resolving conflicts caused by PAUSE now considering package names case insensitively. This has left us with some situations where people are owners of namespaces previously considered distinct, and now considered the same.

You all had permissions on Aspect::PointCut, which is now no longer used (Aspect::Pointcut being the name in use). To remove the conflict I dropped these permissions. You also had permissions on Aspect::PointCut::{AndOp,BinOp,NotOp,OrOp} and Aspect::Pointcut::{AndOp,BinOp,NotOp,OrOp}. Reading through the Changes file, I could see that these modules were dropped some years back, and are no longer indexed. So I’ve dropped the conflicting permissions on these pairs of modules.

You still retain all the permissions you had for the modules that are still indexed on CPAN — I’ve just dropped permissions on old namespaces that are no longer used.

PAUSE doesn’t let these sort of conflicts arise now, so I’m working through the cases that remain, to make life easier for tool writers. In most cases I’m checking first, but these changes seemed obvious and safe, given the history of the Aspect dist. But please shout if you see any problems with this.

Cheers,
Neil

groupmodules @
categoriesperl