Grokbase Groups Perl modules May 2016
Hi Brian,

I’m emailing you wearing my PAUSE admin hat: I’m working on resolving conflicts caused by PAUSE now considering package names case insensitively. This has left us with some situations where people are owners of namespaces previously considered distinct, and now considered the same.

You have ownership of the “Input” namespace, but you don’t have a “Input” module on CPAN — you renamed it from Input to Term::RawInput in January 2011. But your ownership of the “Input” namespace conflicts with the “input” package, owned by JPRIT, and currently on CPAN in the J/JP/JPRIT/ObjStore-1.59.tar.gz release.

To resolve this conflict I’d like to drop your ownership of the “Input” package. I don’t think this will cause any problems, but wanted to check you’re happy for me to do this?

Cheers,
Neil

Search Discussions

  • Brian.kelly at May 24, 2016 at 2:03 pm
  • Neil Bowers at May 24, 2016 at 5:30 pm
    Hi Brian,
    I'm surprised that I'm still considered the "owner". I renamed it to RawInput in response to a conversation with the CPAN admin at the time, and was under the impression that I had essentially "given up" Term::Input at that time.

    Yes - you may take the ownership back.
    Thanks — I have dropped your permissions on “Input”.

    Cheers,
    Neil

groupmodules @
categoriesperl
postedMay 23, '16 at 11:25p
activeMay 24, '16 at 5:30p
websitecpan.org...

2 users in discussion

Neil Bowers: 2 posts Brian.kelly: 1 post