[Perl-inline] Re: Smoke test failure: Inline::CPP: Still dealing with "Can't locate Parse::RecDescent" (0.33_005 - new tests added).

David Oswald
Jan 20, 2012 at 5:08 pm
Rob / Dean:

I added a test: t/00load_prereqs.t for Inline::CPP, bumped the dev
version to 0.33_005, and pushed it to github and CPAN.

Instead of using "warn" as Rob suggested, I used Test::More's
"diag()" function. it guarantees output will not interfere with the
TAP harness, and also guarantees the output will be seen even in full
TAP mode. Within the test I also "use_ok( 'Parse::RecDescent' )", and
"require_ok( 'Inline::C' )". Those might provide additional
diagnostic information for us to work with.

Other minor and less interesting changes include the addition of a
MANIFEST.SKIP file to make it easier for me to "make distcheck" in
order to verify that I haven't left any important files out of the
distribution. ...a valuable lesson I recently learned on a different
module where I forgot to include the tests in MANIFEST, and silently
created a distribution with its tests missing. ;) (Woops -- And here I
thought I created code devoid of failures... lol)

If you're following along on github under my public repos (user
daoswald) you'll find the dev branch to contain the _004 and _005
developer versions. Or just use cpan once _005 shows up on your
favorite mirror.

Dean: If you could please ensure that once 0.33_005 shows up on CPAN
you run it through your smoke testers I would really appreciate it.
Rob might be correct that there's a bug in the smoker, but at least
this will help us to see it up close.

Dave
reply

Search Discussions

1 response

  • Dean Hamstead at Jan 21, 2012 at 12:20 am

    Dean: If you could please ensure that once 0.33_005 shows up on CPAN
    you run it through your smoke testers I would really appreciate it.
    Rob might be correct that there's a bug in the smoker, but at least
    this will help us to see it up close.
    I use a local mirror, so allow 24 hours for your updates to find there
    way to the land down under etc.

    If you would like, i'm happy to arrange ssh access for more immediate
    results, fiddling, diagnosis etc.

    Dean
    --
    Come play computer games with us at http://fragfest.com.au

David Oswald: 1 post Dean Hamstead: 1 post