FAQ
Many of you may have noticed that over the last year, I've been stepping
back from active toolchain development. While I will continue supporting
certain areas (META related stuff) and hope to step up my efforts in other,
neglected areas (CPAN Testers), there are several modules where it no
longer makes sense for me to be co-maintainer.

I am the sole "active" co-maintainer on the following distributions; for
redundancy, I suggest a new co-maintainer should be found as backup:

* CPAN
* File-Temp
* Module-Build
* File-chdir

The following distributions I plan to step away from, but have other
co-maintainers already:

* ExtUtils-CBuilder
* ExtUtils-Install
* Module-CoreList
* Module-Metadata

I am -- and will remain -- primary maintainer of the following, but there
are no co-maintainers; I'd like someone(s) to volunteer to be my backup
(the work should be trivial):

* Perl-OSType
* CPAN-Meta-YAML

Regards,
David

--
David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> Twitter/IRC/Github: @xdg

Search Discussions

  • Karen Etheridge at Apr 3, 2016 at 4:44 pm
    I believe Leon Timmermans is already established as a maintainer of
    Module::Build, so things should be fine there.

    Since I'm already a release wrangler on YAML-Tiny, upon which
    CPAN-Meta-YAML is based, I'm happy to coordinate its releases as well. I'm
    happy to take on Perl-OSType too since it is indeed quite straightforward
    (along with whoever else in the gang is interested).

    I won't object to additional comaint bits on any of the other distributions
    you listed (the more the merrier, for redundancy) but cannot make any
    promises as to bandwidth for processing its outstanding issues.

    On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 3:32 AM, David Golden wrote:

    Many of you may have noticed that over the last year, I've been stepping
    back from active toolchain development. While I will continue supporting
    certain areas (META related stuff) and hope to step up my efforts in other,
    neglected areas (CPAN Testers), there are several modules where it no
    longer makes sense for me to be co-maintainer.

    I am the sole "active" co-maintainer on the following distributions; for
    redundancy, I suggest a new co-maintainer should be found as backup:

    * CPAN
    * File-Temp
    * Module-Build
    * File-chdir

    The following distributions I plan to step away from, but have other
    co-maintainers already:

    * ExtUtils-CBuilder
    * ExtUtils-Install
    * Module-CoreList
    * Module-Metadata

    I am -- and will remain -- primary maintainer of the following, but there
    are no co-maintainers; I'd like someone(s) to volunteer to be my backup
    (the work should be trivial):

    * Perl-OSType
    * CPAN-Meta-YAML

    Regards,
    David

    --
    David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> Twitter/IRC/Github: @xdg
  • David Golden at Apr 3, 2016 at 4:58 pm
    I was thinking that we should have a backup to *Leon*, as the other
    maintainers aren't very active.

    I'll assign co-maint on the ones you asked for when I'm back at a computer.

    David
    On Apr 3, 2016 12:44 PM, "Karen Etheridge" wrote:

    I believe Leon Timmermans is already established as a maintainer of
    Module::Build, so things should be fine there.

    Since I'm already a release wrangler on YAML-Tiny, upon which
    CPAN-Meta-YAML is based, I'm happy to coordinate its releases as well. I'm
    happy to take on Perl-OSType too since it is indeed quite straightforward
    (along with whoever else in the gang is interested).

    I won't object to additional comaint bits on any of the other
    distributions you listed (the more the merrier, for redundancy) but cannot
    make any promises as to bandwidth for processing its outstanding issues.

    On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 3:32 AM, David Golden wrote:

    Many of you may have noticed that over the last year, I've been stepping
    back from active toolchain development. While I will continue supporting
    certain areas (META related stuff) and hope to step up my efforts in other,
    neglected areas (CPAN Testers), there are several modules where it no
    longer makes sense for me to be co-maintainer.

    I am the sole "active" co-maintainer on the following distributions; for
    redundancy, I suggest a new co-maintainer should be found as backup:

    * CPAN
    * File-Temp
    * Module-Build
    * File-chdir

    The following distributions I plan to step away from, but have other
    co-maintainers already:

    * ExtUtils-CBuilder
    * ExtUtils-Install
    * Module-CoreList
    * Module-Metadata

    I am -- and will remain -- primary maintainer of the following, but there
    are no co-maintainers; I'd like someone(s) to volunteer to be my backup
    (the work should be trivial):

    * Perl-OSType
    * CPAN-Meta-YAML

    Regards,
    David

    --
    David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> Twitter/IRC/Github: @xdg
  • David Golden at Apr 3, 2016 at 5:11 pm
    I realize what I said wasn't clear. I consider Leon to be "primary"
    maintainer... even if not reflected in the PAUSE permissions. I had
    considered myself his backup, and hope someone else will step up into that
    role.
    On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 3:32 AM, David Golden wrote:

    Many of you may have noticed that over the last year, I've been stepping
    back from active toolchain development. While I will continue supporting
    certain areas (META related stuff) and hope to step up my efforts in other,
    neglected areas (CPAN Testers), there are several modules where it no
    longer makes sense for me to be co-maintainer.

    I am the sole "active" co-maintainer on the following distributions; for
    redundancy, I suggest a new co-maintainer should be found as backup:

    * CPAN
    * File-Temp
    * Module-Build
    * File-chdir

    The following distributions I plan to step away from, but have other
    co-maintainers already:

    * ExtUtils-CBuilder
    * ExtUtils-Install
    * Module-CoreList
    * Module-Metadata

    I am -- and will remain -- primary maintainer of the following, but there
    are no co-maintainers; I'd like someone(s) to volunteer to be my backup
    (the work should be trivial):

    * Perl-OSType
    * CPAN-Meta-YAML

    Regards,
    David

    --
    David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> Twitter/IRC/Github: @xdg


    --
    David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> Twitter/IRC/Github: @xdg
  • Leon Timmermans at Apr 3, 2016 at 11:44 pm

    On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 12:32 PM, David Golden wrote:

    I am -- and will remain -- primary maintainer of the following, but there
    are no co-maintainers; I'd like someone(s) to volunteer to be my backup
    (the work should be trivial):

    * Perl-OSType
    * CPAN-Meta-YAML
    I think it would make sense for me to be the backup for Perl-OSType.

    Leon
  • David Golden at Apr 4, 2016 at 2:02 am

    On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Leon Timmermans wrote:

    I think it would make sense for me to be the backup for Perl-OSType.
    I'll add you as well.


    --
    David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> Twitter/IRC/Github: @xdg
  • Matthew Horsfall (alh) at Apr 4, 2016 at 12:37 pm

    On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 6:32 AM, David Golden wrote:
    * Perl-OSType
    If you want a third, I could also help maintain this.

    -- Matthew Horsfall (alh)
  • David Golden at Apr 4, 2016 at 1:23 pm
    Thank you for offering. I think we're well covered with Karen and Leon.
    On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 8:37 AM, Matthew Horsfall (alh) wrote:
    On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 6:32 AM, David Golden wrote:
    * Perl-OSType
    If you want a third, I could also help maintain this.

    -- Matthew Horsfall (alh)


    --
    David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> Twitter/IRC/Github: @xdg

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupcpan-workers @
categoriesperl
postedApr 3, '16 at 10:33a
activeApr 4, '16 at 1:23p
posts8
users4
websitecpan.org

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2018 Grokbase