don't know if this was ever discussed.

Two examples of unused namespaces:

1) Algorithm::LCS

Algorithm::LCS MJD 06-Sep-1998

MJD later renamed the dist to Algorithm::Diff

Algorithm-LCS-1.04 CHORNY 11-Aug-2003 unauthorized

Part of this source is used by AlgorithmDiff::XS

2) Language::Guess

Language-Guess-0.01.tar.gz MCEGLOWS 02-Nov-2004

This isn't available on CPAN.

In both cases I worked around for my dists:

LCS
Text::Guess::Language

At least it's a little bit boring that authors "first come, do nothing".

It would be nice to discuss freeing the reservation of namespaces
after some time without usage. IMHO 3 years should be enpough.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer

Search Discussions

  • Alberto Simoes at Mar 6, 2016 at 2:51 pm