I have a number of distributions that are in use by other people where either:

1) I don't use it anymore or
2) I am mostly uninterested in proposed changes

I've quietly put some of these libraries up for adoption. Some, though, I want
to keep an eye on, at least until I feel totally confident in just letting go.
One of these is Software-License. It has a number of pull requests and issues,
and honestly I look at the list and feel mostly nothing. Alternately: I am
happy to collaborate on this project, and to try to keep it moving, but I am
not happy to by the only point of contact.

I would like to run the distribution a bit more democratically. I'm not sure
how I want to do this in general, so I am going to screw around with how things
work, but will do so as little as I feel comfortable with, at least after a
turbulent start.

Here's what I'm thinking: get around some people who are interested, who will
*at least* read issues/PRs and give them +1 or -1 or ±0. We'll go from there.
I will remain tyrant until I feel good about letting go, which I hope will
happen soon, and then I'll move on to replicating the setup.

Let me know if you are interested in helping with this work. Thanks!

--
rjbs

Search Discussions

  • Alberto Simoes at Nov 13, 2015 at 4:19 pm

[...]

    Where is the list? :)

    Thans
  • Ricardo Signes at Nov 13, 2015 at 5:38 pm
    * Alberto Simoes [2015-11-13T11:19:13]
    Where is the list? :)
    https://github.com/Perl-Toolchain-Gang/Software-License

    --
    rjbs
  • James E Keenan at Nov 13, 2015 at 11:50 pm