I've been using backpan.cpantesters.org as my source of dists for
cpXXXan, but cpantesters is having some problems at the moment and today

rsync: failed to connect to backpan.cpantesters.org: Connection refused (111)

Can someone recommend another place I can do my daily rsync from?

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

   Irregular English:
     you have anecdotes; they have data; I have proof

Search Discussions

  • David Golden at Sep 15, 2015 at 4:05 pm
    backpan.perl.org
    I've been using backpan.cpantesters.org as my source of dists for
    cpXXXan, but cpantesters is having some problems at the moment and today

    rsync: failed to connect to backpan.cpantesters.org: Connection refused
    (111)

    Can someone recommend another place I can do my daily rsync from?

    --
    David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

    Irregular English:
    you have anecdotes; they have data; I have proof

    --
    David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> Twitter/IRC: @xdg
  • David Cantrell at Sep 15, 2015 at 4:14 pm

    rsync: failed to connect to backpan.cpantesters.org: Connection refused (111)

    Can someone recommend another place I can do my daily rsync from?
    backpan.perl.org
    Can't even connect to that one:

    rsync: failed to connect to backpan.perl.org: Connection timed out (110)

    --
    David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing
  • David Golden at Sep 15, 2015 at 4:25 pm

    I suggest you email the Perl NOC and ask for private rsync access. I think
    supporting CPXXXAN makes a good case for it.

    David

    rsync: failed to connect to backpan.cpantesters.org: Connection
    refused (111)
    Can someone recommend another place I can do my daily rsync from?
    backpan.perl.org
    Can't even connect to that one:

    rsync: failed to connect to backpan.perl.org: Connection timed out (110)

    --
    David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

    --
    David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> Twitter/IRC: @xdg
  • David Cantrell at Sep 15, 2015 at 4:34 pm

    I suggest you email the Perl NOC and ask for private rsync access. I think
    supporting CPXXXAN makes a good case for it.
    Will do - thanks.

         Immigration: making Britain great since AD43
  • Barbie at Oct 12, 2015 at 11:56 am
    Hi Dave,

    You should be able to get backpan.cpantesters.org. Doug fixed the rsync
    problem at the weekend.

    Thanks,
    barbie.

    --
    Birmingham.pm - http://birmingham.pm.org
    CPAN Testers - http://cpantesters.org
    I suggest you email the Perl NOC and ask for private rsync access. I think
    supporting CPXXXAN makes a good case for it.
    Will do - thanks.

    Immigration: making Britain great since AD43

groupcpan-workers @
categoriesperl
postedSep 15, '15 at 4:04p
activeOct 12, '15 at 11:56a