Does there exist already a program to compare the performance of a
function between two different versions of the CPAN distribution?

I have uploaded List-Compare-0.40 to CPAN. The changes from 0.39 should
improve the performance of several functions. The actual code changes
are deep inside helper functions. I have benchmarked the differences
between the 0.39 and 0.40 versions of those helper functions by
extracting them into a separate Perl program using Benchmark. But I
would like to be able to measure and display the difference at the API
level.

I suspect that with effort I could write such a program, but it sounds
like the sort of thing that someone on cpan.workers would already have
written.

Suggestions?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

Search Discussions

  • David Precious at Feb 7, 2015 at 5:34 pm