Hi Kent,

thanks for coming back on perl5-utils/File-ShareDir/pull/3.
I really forgot that it's still open.

While I discussed related things on cpan-workers@ and prove on File::ConfigDir + File::ConfigDir::Install how slightly improved EU::MM, I recognized that FHS compliant File::ShareDir will break File::ShareDir::Install and in distributions with more than such an Install-Extension it will leave the developer alone with the deep darkness of EU::MM extensions ...

So - yes - the approach is important and needs to be worked in somehow, but the big picture needs to be structured before.
Sorry for put you off again.

Cheers
--
Jens Rehsack
rehsack@gmail.com

Search Discussions

  • Kent Fredric at Dec 10, 2014 at 7:51 am

    thanks for coming back on perl5-utils/File-ShareDir/pull/3.
    I really forgot that it's still open.

    While I discussed related things on cpan-workers@ and prove on
    File::ConfigDir + File::ConfigDir::Install how slightly improved EU::MM, I
    recognized that FHS compliant File::ShareDir will break
    File::ShareDir::Install and in distributions with more than such an
    Install-Extension it will leave the developer alone with the deep darkness
    of EU::MM extensions ...

    So - yes - the approach is important and needs to be worked in somehow,
    but the big picture needs to be structured before.
    Sorry for put you off again.

    Cheers
    --
    Jens Rehsack
    rehsack@gmail.com
    Thanks for getting back I guess =)

groupcpan-workers @
categoriesperl
postedDec 10, '14 at 7:48a
activeDec 10, '14 at 7:51a
websitecpan.org

2 users in discussion

Kent Fredric: 1 post Jens Rehsack: 1 post