Last month I sent this message to the perl5-porters mailing list. I got
no replies. Does anyone on this list have thoughts on this?

#####
Two recently filed RT tickets ...

... led me to look for the source code for ExtUtils::Installed and
ExtUtils::Packlist. They're part of the ExtUtils-Install distribution
which is distributed with core.

In the core distro, ExtUtils-Install is found under 'cpan/', which
suggests that it is *primarily* maintained on CPAN by one or more
maintainers, and not maintained by P5P.

However, when I go to
http://search.cpan.org/~bingos/ExtUtils-Install-1.68/, I see that this
distro's bug tracker is listed as http://rt.perl.org/rt3/ and its
repository is listed as http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/. In other
words, it's maintained in core not on cpan/.

If so, then shouldn't ExtUtils-Install be under 'dist/' rather than
'cpan/' in the core distribution?

  From pod/perlsource.pod:

dist: "This directory is for dual-life modules where the blead source is
canonical."

I'd like to clarify this before embarking on work on either of the two
RTs cited above.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

Search Discussions

  • Leon Timmermans at Sep 15, 2014 at 10:37 pm

[...]

    From pod/perlsource.pod:

    dist: "This directory is for dual-life modules where the blead source is
    canonical."

    I'd like to clarify this before embarking on work on either of the two RTs
    cited above.
    AFAIK it has recently been decided to move it from core, but as it hasn't
    seen a release yet rt.cpan.org still thinks the upstream bugtracker is
    rt.perl.org.

    Leon
  • James E Keenan at Sep 16, 2014 at 10:51 pm

[...]

    From pod/perlsource.pod:

    dist: "This directory is for dual-life modules where the blead source is
    canonical."

    I'd like to clarify this before embarking on work on either of the two RTs
    cited above.
    AFAIK it has recently been decided to move it from core, but as it hasn't
    seen a release yet rt.cpan.org still thinks the upstream bugtracker is
    rt.perl.org.

    Leon
    Please ping me when this release happens so that I can close related
    tickets in rt.perl.org.

    Thank you very much.
    Jim Keenan

groupcpan-workers @
categoriesperl
postedSep 14, '14 at 12:22p
activeSep 16, '14 at 10:51p
websitecpan.org

2 users in discussion

James E Keenan: 2 posts Leon Timmermans: 1 post