Hi all.

I released a module, WWW::Github::Files, that let you easily read files and
directory from a github repository.

I get a lot of test failures, where the first network call the test script
does returns with 'Forbidden'.
Is there anything I need to know about accessing the network in the tests?

Thanks,
Shmuel.

Search Discussions

  • Slaven Rezic at May 24, 2013 at 5:53 am

    Shmuel Fomberg writes:

    Hi all.

    I released a module, WWW::Github::Files, that let you easily read files and
    directory from a github repository.

    I get a lot of test failures, where the first network call the test script
    does returns with 'Forbidden'.
    Is there anything I need to know about accessing the network in the tests?
    Hi Shmuel,

    if you dump the body when this happens then you see:

         {"message":"API Rate Limit Exceeded for X.Y.Z.A"}

    I had a similar problem with Geo::Coder::Googlev3. My solution: ignore
    such failures in the test script.

    Regards,
         Slaven

    --
    Slaven Rezic - slaven <at> rezic <dot> de
       BBBike - route planner for cyclists in Berlin
    I get a lot of test failures, where the first network call the test script
    does returns with 'Forbidden'.
    Is there anything I need to know about accessing the network in the
    tests?

    if you dump the body when this happens then you see:

    {"message":"API Rate Limit Exceeded for X.Y.Z.A"}

    I had a similar problem with Geo::Coder::Googlev3. My solution: ignore
    such failures in the test script.
    Thanks, I will try dumping $res->content too and see if that is really the
    case.

    Shmuel.
  • David Cantrell at May 24, 2013 at 12:15 pm

    I released a module, WWW::Github::Files, that let you easily read files and
    directory from a github repository.

    I get a lot of test failures, where the first network call the test script
    does returns with 'Forbidden'.
    Is there anything I need to know about accessing the network in the tests?
    Make sure that whatever you're using to access the network knows about
    proxies.

    --
    David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

    Perl: the only language that makes Welsh look acceptable

groupcpan-testers-discuss @
categoriesperl
postedMay 24, '13 at 1:42a
activeMay 24, '13 at 12:15p