I set up a fresh 2 data node cluster. I've created about 3500 tables in the
system as a stress test. I did not insert any data. After doing this, I
tried to restart one of my nodes (#3) and it takes 10+ minutes just to shut
it down. According to the NDB logs, the alive node (#2) it spends most of
it's time doing this:

Didnt find any LCP for node: 3 tab: 1014 frag: 1
startNextCopyFragment
prepare to handover bucket: 1
switchover complete bucket 1 state: 2handover
changing file from 557056 to 557056
checkTakeOverInMasterStartNodeFailure ffffff00
start_resend(1, empty bucket -> active
REMOVING lcp: 9 from table: 0 frag: 0 node: 3
REMOVING lcp: 9 from table: 0 frag: 1 node: 3
REMOVING lcp: 9 from table: 1 frag: 0 node: 3
REMOVING lcp: 9 from table: 1 frag: 1 node: 3

REMOVING lcp: 9 from table: 4793 frag: 0 node: 3
REMOVING lcp: 9 from table: 4793 frag: 1 node: 3

Restarting the node takes even longer at around 40+ minutes.

It seems that just having a lot of tables in the system really deteriorates
node restart time. I haven't even inserted any data. Any ideas how to
improve this?

thanks

  • Stewart Smith at Feb 20, 2008 at 11:56 am
    I'd call this a bug - please open one :)
[...]

    Stewart Smith, Senior Software Engineer (MySQL Cluster)
    MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
    Office: +14082136540 Ext: 6616
    VoIP: 6616@sip.us.mysql.com
    Mobile: +61 4 3 8844 332