On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:10 AM, André Warnier wrote:
First, the subject chosen for your email is not going to be much help for
someone searching the list archives later. Even "Быстрая коричневая лиса"
would have been better.
Odd, not sure how the subject ended up as "undefined". Clearly not much
help.

And second, a "what if.." :
What if you start Apache under a UTF-8 "locale" ?
(does it then still escape the non-iso-8859-1 characters in the log ?)
I am running the server with a UTF-8 locale (see below), and I'm starting
the server as my use (not sudo), as in my original email.

I'm curious if others are seeing the same behavior when using $r->log with
wide characters.

Thanks,

$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8