i want compile mod_perl 2.0.8 on a ubnunt 12.04 LTS system.
I have a own perl 5.14.2 installation in /opt

So , calling
perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=/usr/bin/apxs2

give some warnings

Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lnsl
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -ldl
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lm
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lcrypt
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lutil
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lpthread
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lc
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lnsl
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -ldl
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lm
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lcrypt
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lutil
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lpthread
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lc

After make and make install and apache2 restart I get:

apache2: Syntax error on line 223 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/perl.load_BE: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so into server: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so: undefined symbol: floor

So I’ve found some mailings, that ubuntu > 11 moved some libs to a different folder, but how do I get mod_perl to use that paths ?

Regards Rolf

groupmodperl @
categoriesmodperl, perl
postedJul 7, '14 at 9:11p