Hi guys.

Is it only me, or does the search box in www.cpan.org not work anymore ?

503 Service Unavailable
No server is available to handle this request.

(been like that for a couple of days now)

If it is not me alone, and if someone here knows where to send a message about this, could
you advise ?

Thanks
André

Search Discussions

  • David Dick at Jun 9, 2014 at 11:30 am

    No server is available to handle this request.
    I can confirm this.
    (been like that for a couple of days now)

    If it is not me alone, and if someone here knows where to send a message
    about this, could you advise ?
    not sure on this one. sorry.

    Cheers
    Dave
  • Issac Goldstand at Jun 9, 2014 at 11:47 am

    No server is available to handle this request.

    (been like that for a couple of days now)
    Confirmed. Seen this for a week or so now.
    If it is not me alone, and if someone here knows where to send a message
    about this, could you advise ?
    Sorry, no clue...
  • Perrin Harkins at Jun 9, 2014 at 1:42 pm
    The address for reporting technical issues is cpansearch@perl.org,
    although I'm sure they've heard about it by now.

    There's a good alternate search at https://metacpan.org/.

    - Perrin

    No server is available to handle this request.

    (been like that for a couple of days now)

    If it is not me alone, and if someone here knows where to send a message
    about this, could you advise ?

    Thanks
    André
  • I Close at Jun 9, 2014 at 7:42 pm

    No server is available to handle this request.

    (been like that for a couple of days now)
    I have noticed its seemingly been intermittent for the past few weeks,
    often its down with a 503 during the small hours in the GMT time zone.

    Isaac Close
  • André Warnier at Jun 9, 2014 at 10:25 pm

    I Close wrote:
    No server is available to handle this request.

    (been like that for a couple of days now)
    I have noticed its seemingly been intermittent for the past few weeks,
    often its down with a 503 during the small hours in the GMT time zone.
    It is down right now :

    10:17 PM
    Monday, June 9, 2014 (GMT)
    Time in Greenwich Mean Time

    Don't know if this qualifies as a "small hour".

    But then, your own email to the list comes in as dated : 04.06.2014 22:38
    which on the face of it is 5 days ago, long before I sent the initial email of this
    thread; which throws at least some doubt as to the accuracy of your comment above.
    ;-)

groupmodperl @
categoriesmodperl, perl
postedJun 9, '14 at 11:24a