So I'm looking at a library update, and my shelves are tragically thin on
MP2 books. Since an early New Year's resolution is to start delving
heavily into MP2, I'd love some recommendations on what everyone considers
to be the best MP2 books out there at the moment?

Thanks,

Pete

----
Peter Leonard
pete@peteleonard.com

Search Discussions

  • Jonathan Vanasco at Dec 15, 2005 at 12:20 am
    If you asked Santa to bring you one for Christmas he'd look at you,
    stare for a moment, and give his jolly ol' laugh just before he says
    "You're shit out of luck"

    To the best of my knowledge, there are 3 mod perl 1 (MP1) books :
    practical mod_perl and the mod_perl developers cookbook -- written in
    2003 and 2002 respectively, and the mod_perl pocket reference from 2000.

    They're both great and definitely worth picking up to get a good feel
    -- but there's barely any mp2 in either -- and there's been a bunch
    of API changes in MP2 and apache2 since then.

    Has anyone heard of someone being contracted to write a MP2 book for
    O'reilly or another publisher? Or are the publishers just tossing
    money at potential authors php/mysql and rails books?

    So I'm looking at a library update, and my shelves are tragically
    thin on MP2 books. Since an early New Year's resolution is to
    start delving heavily into MP2, I'd love some recommendations on
    what everyone considers to be the best MP2 books out there at the
    moment?
  • Philip M. Gollucci at Dec 15, 2005 at 12:23 am

    Has anyone heard of someone being contracted to write a MP2 book for O'reilly
    or another publisher? Or are the publishers just tossing money at potential
    authors php/mysql and rails books?
    Last I heard Orielly was looking but we were all busy. :)
  • Geoffrey Young at Dec 15, 2005 at 1:30 am

    Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

    If you asked Santa to bring you one for Christmas he'd look at you,
    stare for a moment, and give his jolly ol' laugh just before he says
    "You're shit out of luck"

    To the best of my knowledge, there are 3 mod perl 1 (MP1) books :
    practical mod_perl and the mod_perl developers cookbook -- written in
    2003 and 2002 respectively, and the mod_perl pocket reference from 2000.
    writing apache modules with perl and c, aka the eagle book, is a mp1 book
    and pretty much what started it all :)

    --Geoff
  • Juan Jose Natera Abreu at Dec 15, 2005 at 4:37 pm
    Hi,
    Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
    If you asked Santa to bring you one for Christmas he'd look at you,
    stare for a moment, and give his jolly ol' laugh just before he says
    "You're shit out of luck"

    To the best of my knowledge, there are 3 mod perl 1 (MP1) books :
    practical mod_perl and the mod_perl developers cookbook -- written in
    2003 and 2002 respectively, and the mod_perl pocket reference from 2000.
    writing apache modules with perl and c, aka the eagle book, is a mp1 book
    and pretty much what started it all :)
    Talking about the eagle book, there is a similar book coming out april
    next year from apress, and it's for Apache 2:

    http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=397

    --
    Juan Jose Natera Abreu <juanjose@lunarpages.com>

groupmodperl @