How can we get embperl working nicely with utf-8?

I've set the content-type on my pages, I still find that in order to get
utf-8 form submissions processed correctly I have to add something like
this:

for my $key (keys %fdat) {
     $dat{$key} = Encode::decode_utf8($fdat{$key});
}

Is there any way to avoid that?

--
Michael Stevens
Dianomi Ltd

Tel: 020 3463 5662
Fax: 020 7630 7356
www.dianomi.com

The information in this message and any attachment is intended for the
addressee and is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.
Dianomi Ltd, Registered Office: One America Square, Crosswall, London. EC3N
2SG. Registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number
4513809. VAT registration number: 809754988

Search Discussions

  • Jean-Christophe Boggio at Jun 22, 2014 at 4:35 pm
    Hi Michael,

    How can we get embperl working nicely with utf-8?

    I've set the content-type on my pages, I still find that in order to get
    utf-8 form submissions processed correctly I have to add something like
    this:

    for my $key (keys %fdat) {
    $dat{$key} = Encode::decode_utf8($fdat{$key});
    }

    Is there any way to avoid that?
    Not yet. Gerald said he would take care of it in a future release, you
    can have a look at this thread :

    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/embperl/105346

    I took me a few years to reach your (correct) conclusion on how to
    handle things nicely :-)

  • Gerald Richter at Jun 25, 2014 at 12:04 pm
    Yes, unfortunately a solution for this issue did not make it in the last release and is still on my TODO list

    Regards

    Gerald