we have a strange problem with labels which only occurs when compiling
embperl with perl 5.18.1; with perl 5.16.3, everything works well.
Unfortunately, the problem seems to happen with a certain probability;
sometimes, things work well, but sometime else, we get the following
message in the apache logs and an internal server error in the browser:

Error in Perl code: Label not found for "last l9" at
/opt/apache/htdocs/management/admin/user2accessgroup.epl line 80.

We are working with CentOS 5.10 on 32 and 64 bit machines. We use apache
2.2.25 with mod_perl 2.0.8 and embperl 2.5.0_4. The error happens only
with 5 of the (certainly) 100 epl files we are working with; I just
checked the shortest file by hand, there are no syntax errors in it.
When looking for the file and the line from the logs, there is nothing
strange at that position; the 5 files do not even contain a "last"
statement.

Is this an embperl issue? If not, is it a mod_perl problem?
Did anybody else see a similar problem?
What can I do to get more information about it or to solve the problem?

Best regards,

Andreas Rieke

--
Dr. Ing. Andreas Rieke
- Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter -

signatur_oben
ISL Internet Sicherheitslösungen GmbH
     Bergstrasse 128
     D-58095 Hagen

     Tel.: +49 (0) 2331/34956-0
     Fax.: +49 (0) 2331/34956-29
     E-Mail: andreas.rieke@isl.de
     Website: www.isl.de <http://www.arp-guard.com>
     Website: www.arp-guard.com <http://www.arp-guard.com>
signatur_unten

Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Andreas Rieke | Sitz: Hagen
HRB 3816 | Amtsgericht Hagen | UStID-Nr. DE 201547313

Search Discussions

  • Andreas Rieke at Jan 1, 2014 at 10:39 am
    Good morning Gerald,

    we use perl 5.16.3 on our production machines and try 5.18.1 in the
    development area - we expect that the development of perl 5.16 will stop
    sometime this year, and for that reason, we are already trying the new
    version.

    I hope that the file which I have attached to this email will help - it
    is the shortest from the 5 candidates and hopefully the most simple one.
    I did not change anything within this file - according to the apache log
    file the error happens in line 80. This is the complete error log:
    error.13-12.log:[Tue Dec 29 15:48:02 2013] [error] [16539]ERR: 24:
    Error in Perl code: Label not found for "last l9" at
    /opt/apache/htdocs/management/admin/user2accessgroup.epl line 80.

    Please let me know if I can do anything to assist finding the error; I
    work with apache, perl, mod_perl and embperl for certainly 8 years not,
    but I am not an embperl insider,

    Best regards,

    Andreas

    this looks like an Embperl problem, but I didn't seen it before (I am
    still using Perl 5.16 not Perl 5.18).

    Do you have a short test file that you can send me, so I can reproduce
    the error here?

    Gerald

[...]

  • Gerald Richter at Jan 8, 2014 at 2:22 pm
    Hi Andreas,

    sorry for the late reply.

    Can you set EMBPERL_DEBUG in the httpd.conf to 0x7fffffff (and maybe EMBPERL_LOG) and send me the embperl.log (by default /tmp/embperl.log) for that example file?

    Thanks & Regards

[...]

    - Geschftsfhrender Gesellschafter -

       ISL Internet Sicherheitslsungen GmbH
       Bergstrasse 128
       D-58095 Hagen

       Tel.: +49 (0) 2331/34956-0
       Fax.: +49 (0) 2331/34956-29
       E-Mail: andreas.rieke@isl.de
       Website: www.isl.de <http://www.arp-guard.com>
       Website: www.arp-guard.com <http://www.arp-guard.com>

    Geschftsfhrer: Dr.-Ing. Andreas Rieke | Sitz: Hagen
    HRB 3816 | Amtsgericht Hagen | UStID-Nr. DE 201547313

    --
    Dr. Ing. Andreas Rieke
    - Geschftsfhrender Gesellschafter -

       ISL Internet Sicherheitslsungen GmbH
       Bergstrasse 128
       D-58095 Hagen

       Tel.: +49 (0) 2331/34956-0
       Fax.: +49 (0) 2331/34956-29
       E-Mail: andreas.rieke@isl.de
       Website: www.isl.de <http://www.arp-guard.com>
       Website: www.arp-guard.com <http://www.arp-guard.com>

    Geschftsfhrer: Dr.-Ing. Andreas Rieke | Sitz: Hagen
    HRB 3816 | Amtsgericht Hagen | UStID-Nr. DE 201547313

  • Andreas Rieke at Jan 9, 2014 at 6:16 pm
    Hi Gerald,

    sorry, but we did not manage to configure what you have asked for in the
    httpd.conf (Apache 2.2).

    EMBPERL_DEBUG 0x7fffffff
    Invalid command 'EMBPERL_DEBUG', perhaps misspelled or defined by a

    SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 0x7fffffff
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 0x7fffffff
    No change, even after restart of apache. There is also no log file in /tmp.

    After searching for the keywords with Google, we also tested the
    following commands directly in the epl file:
    $application -> config -> debug (0x7fffffff);
    or
    $component -> config -> debug (0x7fffffff);
    However, in both cases we received "Error in Perl code: Can't call
    method "config" on an undefined value"

    What are we doing wrong?

    Thanks in advance and best regards,

    Andreas

[...]

  • Gerald Richter at Jan 10, 2014 at 8:00 am
    Hi Andreas,

    could you send me you httpd.conf (at least the part with the Embperl/mod_perl configuration)?

[...]

  • Andreas Rieke at Jan 10, 2014 at 10:40 am
    Good morning Gerald,

    here we are ... the Includes are irrelevant, and for that reason, we
    have only attached the main httpd.conf.

    Thanks in advance,

    For additional commands, e-mail:embperl-help@perl.apache.org
    --
[...]

  • Gerald Richter at Jan 21, 2014 at 12:00 pm
    Hi Andreas,

    in your httpd.conf ist he LoadModule directive for Embperl missing. See http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/doc/Config.-page-1-.htm#sect_1 <http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/doc/Config.-page-1-.htm#sect_1>

    If you add the LoadModule for Embperl you should be able to use Embperl configuration directives without SetEnv/PerlSetEnv

[...]

  • Florian Schlichting at Jan 29, 2014 at 8:08 am
    Hi Gerald, Andreas,