From: Meelis Pärjasaar
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:04 AM
To: Gerald Richter - ECOS
Subject: embperl and escmode

Hi,
I am developer of tallinn tourism site: http://www.tourism.tallinn.ee - it is
using embperl since 2003.

I upgraded my laptop from Ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04 and there were no
"official" package for embperl.
I managed to install Embperl-2.5.0_1 but now configuration is not what it
should.

Seems that $ENV{EMBPERL_ESCMODE} is not working anymore.
I tried to set it like this
[- $ENV{EMBPERL_ESCMODE} = 0; -]

then like this
[-
$ENV{EMBPERL_USEENV} = 1;
$ENV{EMBPERL_ESCMODE} = 0;
-]
seems that this embperl version is ignoring it...or what I am doing wrong.
(probably lost some apache config too during upgrade)

apache vhost config I tried this:
Embperl_UseEnv on
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0

and got error:
Invalid command 'Embperl_UseEnv', perhaps misspelled or defined by a

Similar error also when trying to use "Embperl_Syntax EmbperlBlocks"

Can you give me some advice, do I have some configuration wrong or is
Embperl-2.5.0_1 changed configuration parameters an I should use some
other attributes?

Meelis Pärjasaar