Hi!

I am in search for an embperl emacs mode or another IDE which supports
the perl/html/embperl-mix in embperl-Scripts. At

http://perl.apache.org/embperl/en/db/sites/editors.-category_id-5-.htm

there are unfortunatly many dead links.

Thanks for any hints again.

And thanks for the wonderful response and interesting discussion after
my last question :)

Greetings, Benni
--
http://bennibaermann.de/

  • Jean-Christophe Boggio at Sep 23, 2012 at 11:18 pm
    jEdit has a decent support for embperl (switches to/from html).

    http://www.jedit.org/

  • Robby Desmond at Sep 24, 2012 at 6:30 pm
    I'd have to mirror Jean-Christophe's recommendation.

    "embperl" is a syntax highlighting scheme that comes with jEdit, and it
    is very good.

    It switches from Perl-like to HTML-like based on the Embperl delimiters.

    -R
    jEdit has a decent support for embperl (switches to/from html).

    http://www.jedit.org/

    Robby Desmond
    BiblioVault Operations Assistant
    University of Chicago Press
    http://www.bibliovault.org/
    ph: 773-834-2387
    cell: 773-458-0959
    rdesmond@press.uchicago.edu

  • D K at Sep 25, 2012 at 1:17 pm
    UltraEdit also has a syntax highlighting file for Embperl as well, for those who prefer native Windows IDEs

    ________________________________
    I'd have to mirror Jean-Christophe's recommendation.

    "embperl" is a syntax highlighting scheme that comes with jEdit, and it
    is very good.

    It switches from Perl-like to HTML-like based on the Embperl delimiters.

    -R
    jEdit has a decent support for embperl (switches to/from html).

    http://www.jedit.org/

    Robby Desmond
    BiblioVault Operations Assistant
    University of Chicago Press
    http://www.bibliovault.org/
    ph: 773-834-2387
    cell: 773-458-0959
    rdesmond@press.uchicago.edu

  • Andrew O'Brien at Sep 24, 2012 at 12:23 am
    Hi Benni,
    I am in search for an embperl emacs mode or another IDE which supports
    the perl/html/embperl-mix in embperl-Scripts. At

    http://perl.apache.org/embperl/en/db/sites/editors.-category_id-5-.htm

    there are unfortunatly many dead links.
    I have used mmm-mode (multiple-major-mode) for years for this purpose. It allows you to (amongst many other things) specify delimiters for various parts of the file to map to corresponding major modes (eg cperl-mode for embperl blocks, javascript-mode for JS sections, css-mode for inline stylesheets etc).

    I believe this is all that needs to go into your .emacs assuming you have mmm-mode installed. It shows a contrived example via mmm-add-group of setting visual basic delimters and a simplistic css-mode setting for the contents within explicit style="" parameters. Most things just work out of the box, however so feel free to ignore that whole block.

    (require 'mmm-mode)
    (setq mmm-global-mode 'maybe)
    (mmm-add-group
    'fancy-html
    '(
    (html-asp-tagged
    :submode visual-basic-mode
    :face mmm-code-submode-face
    :front "<%"
    :back "%>"
    )
    (html-css-attribute
    :submode css-mode
    :face mmm-declaration-submode-face
    :front "style=\\\""
    :back "\\\""
    )
    )
    )
    (mmm-add-mode-ext-class 'html-mode "\\.asp\\'" 'fancy-html)

    (mmm-add-mode-ext-class 'html-mode "\\.\\(epl\\|ep\\|html\\|shtml\\)\\'" 'embperl)
    (mmm-add-mode-ext-class 'html-mode "\\.\\(epl\\|html\\|shtml\\)\\'" 'html-js)
    (mmm-add-mode-ext-class 'html-mode "\\.html\\'" 'embedded-css)
    (mmm-add-mode-ext-class 'html-mode "\\.asp\\'" 'embedded-css)

    Cgeers,

    Andrew

  • Knut Behrends at Sep 25, 2012 at 7:36 am
    The Textpad editor (a commercial software for windows) also has an
    Embperl mode for syntax highlighting, but not syntax completion and (I
    think) no linting either.

    Knut