could you send a example of a file that give an EOF?

For the Oracle error I guess it's because Apache run as different user, so you will have different access rights

Gerald

From: Hugh Thomas
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:12 PM
To: Gerald Richter - ECOS
Subject: Embperl problems --please help

I am running Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) Embperl/2.4.0 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1 on Redhat 5 and I am having some issues with Embperl. I am hoping you can point me in the right direction.

This is the how my http.conf is configured for Embperl:

PerlModule Embperl

SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 2285

SetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS no

Alias /embperl/ /home/vav4229/modperl/

<Location /embperl/>

SetHandler perl-script

PerlHandler HTML:Embperl

Options ExecCGI

#Order allow,deny

#Allow from all

</Location>

<Location /embperl>

Embperl_AppName unique-name

Embperl_Object_Base base.htm

Embperl_UriMatch "\.htm.?|\.epl$"

SetHandler perl-script

PerlHandler Embperl::Object

Options ExecCGI

</Location>

I've been receiving serveral unexplained errors such as " [25618]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: syntax error at /home/vav4229/modperl/test2.epl line 10, at EOF" for simple files and also "[25618]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: Can't connect to Oracle database:ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach)". I have sucessfully connected to the database using just perl and the simple files are returning the EOF error. Your assistance would be appriciated, thank you.

Regards,

Hugh Thomas

"

"Great minds discuss ideas,Average minds discuss events,And small minds discuss other people."

Search Discussions

  • Ed Grimm at Mar 5, 2012 at 3:09 pm
    I think your problem may be that you're using HTML::Embperl instead of
    Embperl in the first <Location> block. HTML::Embperl was from back in the
    1.3.x days.

    If you are trying to use EmbPerl 1.3.x in the same config as EmbPerl 2.x,
    don't. They require different apache versions, so it can't possibly work.

    Please also note that the error you're partially quoting isn't giving an
    EOF error. It's saying the error is *AT* EOF - but, in this case, I think
    that just means Embperl read the whole file before it produced that error
    message. When perl gives two file positions in the same error (line 10,
    at EOF), for example, the first one refers to your code, the second refers
    to the active filehandle position. The second file position is only
    potentially useful for determining the data that triggered the issue.

    --
    Ed Grimm
    Identity Services

[...]

groupembperl @