[Solr-user] Faceted Searching Presentation @ ApacheCon US

Chris Hostetter
Aug 16, 2006 at 1:14 am
I'm stoked to anounce that I'll be presenting at this years ApacheCon US,
In Austin Texas on October 13th.

I'll be discussing how CNET uses Solr to power our Faceted searching
pages, showing some examples of how you can use the Solr RequestHandler
API to impliment very customized Faceted searching plugins, and
(hopefully) demonstrating the new general purpose Faceted searching
functionality in the Standard and DisMax request handlers (assuming I have
time to write it)

More info can be found at the ApacheCon website...
http://www.us.apachecon.com/html/sessions.html#FR26

-Hoss
reply

  • Martyn Smith at Aug 16, 2006 at 1:18 am
    Will this be available on-line anywhere after your presentation?

    I'd be very interested to see it :)

    --
    Martyn
    I'm stoked to anounce that I'll be presenting at this years ApacheCon US,
    In Austin Texas on October 13th.

    I'll be discussing how CNET uses Solr to power our Faceted searching
    pages, showing some examples of how you can use the Solr RequestHandler
    API to impliment very customized Faceted searching plugins, and
    (hopefully) demonstrating the new general purpose Faceted searching
    functionality in the Standard and DisMax request handlers (assuming I have
    time to write it)

    More info can be found at the ApacheCon website...
    http://www.us.apachecon.com/html/sessions.html#FR26

    -Hoss
  • WHIRLYCOTT at Aug 16, 2006 at 2:24 am
    Ditto!
[...]

    Philip Jacob
    phil@whirlycott.com
    http://www.whirlycott.com/phil/
  • Chris Hostetter at Aug 16, 2006 at 5:03 am
    : Will this be available on-line anywhere after your presentation?
    :
    : I'd be very interested to see it :)

    The slides, or the code?

    If I have time to write the code, it will be in Subversion.

    As for the slides, i think so -- but i can't make any promises; besides:

    1) I'm a very animated speaker ... my slides typically don't contain
    most of the juicy stuff I talk about.
    2) If i say yes, then what's your incentive to come to the confrence? :)

    -Hoss
  • Martyn Smith at Aug 16, 2006 at 5:07 am
    I can't make it to Texas very easily :(