the PMC decided in a vote, that the Apache Lucene sub-project "Open Relevance" will be discontinued. There was no activity during the last years and the project made no releases at all. I send this as the last message to the already existing mailing lists, so people are aware that we no longer provide infrastructure like mailing lists. Any discussion in the "open relevance" context should in the future be directed to: general@lucene.apache.org

The already existing data collections in SVN will be kept alive, because Subversion never forgets. Please use them, if you are willing to do so.

Thank you to all committers for their support in this project! I very much like the Wiki page discussing all the problems with available collections. We should maybe move over these pages to a static web page on the "attic" Lucene project page or copy them into the Lucene Wiki. The CWIKI should then be closed, too.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
uschindler@apache.org