Greetings!

I ran across:

Evaluating Text Extraction Algorithms
http://tomazkovacic.com/blog/122/evaluating-text-extraction-algorithms/

this morning and thought it might be of interest.

BTW, I followed the URL Grant posted for the mailing list archives:

http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/?q=#/p:openrelevance

and have started at the beginning to try to come up to speed on what has
been discussed so far.

Questions:

1) The message:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/4e91498fae518260/orp_newbie

displays "Date: 1969-12-31" but the text of the message says: "

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 7:37 AM, Tommaso Teofili"

I was under the impression this project started in 2009? Shouldn't the email archives start in 2009?

2) The message mentioned above makes reference to the OpenRelevance Viewer:

http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/out?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcwiki.apache.org%2Fconfluence%2Fdisplay%2FORP%2FOpen%2BRelevance%2BViewer%29

That returns a page not found message.

3) How complete are the email archives for OpenRelevance? I ask because when I view:

http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/ca4b8241b47d46a8/or_user_perspective_teams_etc_was_comments_on_orp_wiki_additions

It has nested comments, such as the pointer to

http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/out?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ir.uwaterloo.ca%2Fslides%2Fbuettcher_reliable_evaluation.pdf

posted by Robert Muir, and I have not found the original of that post.

I feel like I am missing part of the conversation.

Is there some other archive that I should be using?

Thanks!

Patrick

PS: The archive is reporting messages plain text (<pre>) and HTML? Is that a feature?

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net