Greetings!

Just a short note to introduce myself to the list.

I am the OpenDocument Format TC editor as well as a convener of the
topic maps working group in JTC 1/SC 34.

I am very interested in semantic diversity issues (indexing, navigation,
creation of documents that make those steps easier) and hence in the
creation of a corpus that supports:
judgments, queries and tools for the Lucene ecosystem of projects
(Lucene Java, Solr, Nutch, Mahout, etc.) that can be used to judge
relevance in a free, repeatable manner.
I have other, more specific comments but will put those in a separate post.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau

Search Discussions

  • Grant Ingersoll at Jun 9, 2011 at 11:58 am
    Hi Patrick,

    Great to have you. This project definitely needs some life.

    -Grant
[...]

    --------------------------
    Grant Ingersoll
  • Robert Muir at Jun 11, 2011 at 1:50 am

    Just a short note to introduce myself to the list.

    I am the OpenDocument Format TC editor as well as a convener of the topic
    maps working group in JTC 1/SC 34.

    I am very interested in semantic diversity issues (indexing, navigation,
    creation of documents that make those steps easier) and hence in the
    creation of a corpus that supports:
    judgments, queries and tools for the Lucene ecosystem of projects (Lucene
    Java, Solr, Nutch, Mahout, etc.) that can be used to judge relevance in a
    free, repeatable manner.
    I have other, more specific comments but will put those in a separate post.
    Hi Patrick!

    I just wanted to reiterate what Grant said: really if you have ideas /
    want to create something, please do not hesitate!
  • Itamar Syn-Hershko at Jun 11, 2011 at 6:34 pm
    Welcome Patrick!

    I know you guys have heard that from me several times before, but I'm
    already mid-way with Orev (the app for viewing corpora and judging
    topics) and hopefully will get to complete it this summer when I'll have
    some time for it.

    Patrick and anyone else - you're definitely invited to have a look at
    what I did so far and participate in designing whats left. I guess the
    most important point of all is integration point with existing corpora
    and topics.

    Itamar.

    Just a short note to introduce myself to the list.

    I am the OpenDocument Format TC editor as well as a convener of the topic
    maps working group in JTC 1/SC 34.

    I am very interested in semantic diversity issues (indexing, navigation,
    creation of documents that make those steps easier) and hence in the
    creation of a corpus that supports:
    judgments, queries and tools for the Lucene ecosystem of projects (Lucene
    Java, Solr, Nutch, Mahout, etc.) that can be used to judge relevance in a
    free, repeatable manner.
    I have other, more specific comments but will put those in a separate post.
    Hi Patrick!

    I just wanted to reiterate what Grant said: really if you have ideas /
    want to create something, please do not hesitate!

groupopenrelevance-dev @
categorieslucene
postedJun 7, '11 at 11:12p
activeJun 11, '11 at 6:34p