Anyone have any good papers on comparing scores across searches? I'd like to make a case for removing queryNorm() from Lucene, as I don't think it is all that useful, but I wanted to do some background research.

-Grant

Search Discussions

  • Marvin Humphrey at Nov 20, 2009 at 4:02 pm

    I'd like to make a case for removing queryNorm() from Lucene
    Grant, you probably remember this thread since you were a participant, but for
    the benefit of others...

    "Usefulness of Similarity.queryNorm()"

    http://markmail.org/message/dg3meoonnbtasr2y

    Marvin Humphrey
  • Grant Ingersoll at Nov 20, 2009 at 6:14 pm

    I'd like to make a case for removing queryNorm() from Lucene
    Grant, you probably remember this thread since you were a participant, but for
    the benefit of others...

    "Usefulness of Similarity.queryNorm()"

    http://markmail.org/message/dg3meoonnbtasr2y
    Yeah, was more looking for academic work on it.

groupopenrelevance-dev @
categorieslucene
postedNov 20, '09 at 3:42p
activeNov 20, '09 at 6:14p