Grokbase Groups HBase user June 2016
in hbase 0.98.10, if we use LruBlockCache, and set regionServer's max heap to 10G
in default:
the size of in_memory priority of LruBlockCache is :
10G * 0.4 * 0.25 = 1G

0.4: hfile.block.cache.size
0.25: hbase.lru.blockcache.memory.percentage

if we do not set any user tables IN_MEMORY to true, then the whole hbase just need to cache hbase:meta data to in_memory LruBlockCache.
hbase:meta does not split , so just need one regionServer to cache, so there is some waste in blockCache

i think the regionServer open hbase:meta need to set in_memory LruBlockCache to a certain size
other regionServer set hbase.lru.blockcache.memory.percentage to 0, do not need to allocate in_memory LruBlockCache.

Search Discussions

  • Heng Chen at Jun 16, 2016 at 10:18 am
    bq. if we do not set any user tables IN_MEMORY to true, then the whole
    hbase just need to cache hbase:meta data to in_memory LruBlockCache.

    You set blockcache to be false for other tables?

    in hbase 0.98.10, if we use LruBlockCache, and set regionServer's max heap
    to 10G
    in default:
    the size of in_memory priority of LruBlockCache is :
    10G * 0.4 * 0.25 = 1G

    0.4: hfile.block.cache.size
    0.25: hbase.lru.blockcache.memory.percentage

    if we do not set any user tables IN_MEMORY to true, then the whole hbase
    just need to cache hbase:meta data to in_memory LruBlockCache.
    hbase:meta does not split , so just need one regionServer to cache, so
    there is some waste in blockCache

    i think the regionServer open hbase:meta need to set in_memory
    LruBlockCache to a certain size
    other regionServer set hbase.lru.blockcache.memory.percentage to 0, do not
    need to allocate in_memory LruBlockCache.
  • WangYQ at Jun 17, 2016 at 12:57 am
    I set all user tables with blockCache on, but set the IN_MEMORY conf to false

[...]

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedJun 16, '16 at 8:21a
activeJun 17, '16 at 12:57a