Grokbase Groups HBase user June 2016
Currently, we found sometimes our RS handlers were occupied by some big
request. For example, when handlers read one same big block from hdfs
simultaneously, all handlers will wait, except one handler do read block
from hdfs and put it in cache, and other handlers will read the block from
cache. At this time, RS fall in stuck mode. And i have to restart the RS
to recover.

Is there any way i can release the handlers and reject the same request?

Search Discussions

  • Esteban Gutierrez at Jun 14, 2016 at 5:51 pm
    Hi Heng,

    That sound like some issue from older versions from HBase. Can you please
    give us a little more of details? like which version of HBase are you
    using and a stack dump from the RS?

    cheers,
    esteban.

    --
    Cloudera, Inc.

    Currently, we found sometimes our RS handlers were occupied by some big
    request. For example, when handlers read one same big block from hdfs
    simultaneously, all handlers will wait, except one handler do read block
    from hdfs and put it in cache, and other handlers will read the block from
    cache. At this time, RS fall in stuck mode. And i have to restart the RS
    to recover.

    Is there any way i can release the handlers and reject the same request?
  • Heng Chen at Jun 15, 2016 at 2:53 am
    My HBase version is 0.98.17.

    My key point is that should we supply one tool which could kill big request
    just like mysql kill slow query?

    Hi Heng,

    That sound like some issue from older versions from HBase. Can you please
    give us a little more of details? like which version of HBase are you
    using and a stack dump from the RS?

    cheers,
    esteban.

    --
    Cloudera, Inc.

    Currently, we found sometimes our RS handlers were occupied by some big
    request. For example, when handlers read one same big block from hdfs
    simultaneously, all handlers will wait, except one handler do read block
    from hdfs and put it in cache, and other handlers will read the block from
    cache. At this time, RS fall in stuck mode. And i have to restart the RS
    to recover.

    Is there any way i can release the handlers and reject the same request?

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedJun 14, '16 at 3:35a
activeJun 15, '16 at 2:53a
websitehbase.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Heng Chen: 2 posts Esteban Gutierrez: 1 post