Grokbase Groups HBase user June 2016
Hi All,

I have problems when combining PageFilter with other filters. I am
combining SingleColumnValueFilter, KeyOnlyFilter, and PageFilter.

Scan returns different total number of row when pageFilter is present; the
number of row without page filter is greater. Furthermore, the order I
specify these filter in filter list also changes the number of returned
rows.

Anyone have had similar experience?

Thanks

--
Best Regards,
Eko Susilo

Search Discussions

  • Ted Yu at Jun 9, 2016 at 2:06 pm
    Which version of hbase are you using ?

    Is it possible to come up with unit test that shows what you observed ?

    There is already coverage in existing unit tests, e.g. TestFilterList which
    you can use as template.

    Thanks
    I have problems when combining PageFilter with other filters. I am
    combining SingleColumnValueFilter, KeyOnlyFilter, and PageFilter.

    Scan returns different total number of row when pageFilter is present; the
    number of row without page filter is greater. Furthermore, the order I
    specify these filter in filter list also changes the number of returned
    rows.

    Anyone have had similar experience?

    Thanks

    --
    Best Regards,
    Eko Susilo
  • Anoop John at Jun 10, 2016 at 4:55 am
    Can u paste code how u make the FilterList?
    I think you want to use MUST_PASS_ALL op in FL.

    Ya the order of passing filters in FL can matter.

    In your query case, you have to pass filter as SCVF, KeyOnlyF, PageFilter.
    The PageFilter must come at the end.

    Any filter working scope is within one scanner at server end mean
    within one Region scope. So the Paging number guarantee is within one
    region. When u have many regions there is chance that from diff
    regions u get diff numbers and so at client end.

    -Anoop-
    Is it possible to come up with unit test that shows what you observed ?

    There is already coverage in existing unit tests, e.g. TestFilterList which
    you can use as template.

    Thanks
    I have problems when combining PageFilter with other filters. I am
    combining SingleColumnValueFilter, KeyOnlyFilter, and PageFilter.

    Scan returns different total number of row when pageFilter is present; the
    number of row without page filter is greater. Furthermore, the order I
    specify these filter in filter list also changes the number of returned
    rows.

    Anyone have had similar experience?

    Thanks

    --
    Best Regards,
    Eko Susilo

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedJun 9, '16 at 10:41a
activeJun 10, '16 at 4:55a
websitehbase.apache.org

3 users in discussion

Ted Yu: 1 post Anoop John: 1 post Eko Susilo: 1 post