Grokbase Groups HBase user June 2016

Is there any command to get complete description about hbase table such as
owner, database, modified time, etc.

In hive, i can get those information using

desc formatted tablename;

But in hbase desc 'tablename' shows size, version, replication_scope, etc.

I want to get owner details of hbase table.

Thanks,
Kumar

Search Discussions

  • Dima Spivak at Jun 8, 2016 at 7:44 am
    Hi Kumar,

    Which version of HBase do you run? Recent releases have moved to ACLs for
    table permissions in place of an "owner" construct.

    -Dima
    Is there any command to get complete description about hbase table such as
    owner, database, modified time, etc.

    In hive, i can get those information using

    desc formatted tablename;

    But in hbase desc 'tablename' shows size, version, replication_scope, etc.

    I want to get owner details of hbase table.

    Thanks,
    Kumar
  • Kumar r at Jun 8, 2016 at 8:08 am
    Hi,

    I am using HBase version 1.1.3. Can we get owner details through hbase
    command or we can get only with java api?