Grokbase Groups HBase user June 2016
in hbase 0.98.10, class HMaster, method startServiceThread, hmaster open a thread poolwith type MASTER_OPEN_REGION, but this pool is not used in any place
can remove this.

thanks

Search Discussions

  • Ted Yu at Jun 2, 2016 at 1:29 pm
    Have you seen this line in EventType.java ?

       RS_ZK_REGION_OPENED (4, ExecutorType.MASTER_OPEN_REGION),

    If you follow RS_ZK_REGION_OPENED, you would see how the executor is used.
    in hbase 0.98.10, class HMaster, method startServiceThread, hmaster open a
    thread poolwith type MASTER_OPEN_REGION, but this pool is not used in any
    place
    can remove this.

    thanks
  • WangYQ at Jun 3, 2016 at 5:59 am
    RS_ZK_REGION_OPENED (4, ExecutorType.MASTER_OPEN_REGION),there is a relation between the enevt type "RS_ZK_REGION_OPENED" and pool "MASTER_OPEN_REGION", but in hbase 0.98.10, we do not use these pools anymoreexamples are :class AssignmentManagermethod: handleRegionin case RS_ZK_REGION_OPENED, we construct a OpendRegionHandler and call the process method, not submit this handler to pool(in class AssignmentManager, line 1078)

    Have you seen this line in EventType.java ?

    RS_ZK_REGION_OPENED (4, ExecutorType.MASTER_OPEN_REGION),

    If you follow RS_ZK_REGION_OPENED, you would see how the executor is used.
    in hbase 0.98.10, class HMaster, method startServiceThread, hmaster open a
    thread poolwith type MASTER_OPEN_REGION, but this pool is not used in any
    place
    can remove this.

    thanks
  • Ted Yu at Jun 3, 2016 at 1:18 pm
    I checked head of 0.98 branch.

    For the two 'new OpenedRegionHandler()' calls
    in AssignmentManager.java, process() is invoked directly.

    Looks like you're right.
[...]

  • WangYQ at Jun 3, 2016 at 2:30 pm
    in 98, many operations are executed concurrently using zkWorkers, so some pools are not used.
    can be removed to make code clean and easy to read

    thanks

[...]

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedJun 2, '16 at 11:56a