Grokbase Groups HBase user May 2016
Hi All,

I am new to Hbase database. I am planning to create rather mimic table
in RDBMS which is temporal table which has below columns:

Col1
Col2
From_Date
To_Date
Created
Expired

Primary Key is : {Col1,From_Date,Expired}

Anyone has idea what is best Hbase design structure for such table?

Many Thanks!

Regards,
Subhash Pophale

Search Discussions

  • Mohammad Tariq at May 31, 2016 at 6:25 pm
    Hi Subhash,

    What would be your query pattern like?

    [image: http://]

    Tariq, Mohammad
    about.me/mti
    [image: http://]
    <http://about.me/mti>

    I am new to Hbase database. I am planning to create rather mimic table
    in RDBMS which is temporal table which has below columns:

    Col1
    Col2
    From_Date
    To_Date
    Created
    Expired

    Primary Key is : {Col1,From_Date,Expired}

    Anyone has idea what is best Hbase design structure for such table?

    Many Thanks!

    Regards,
    Subhash Pophale
  • Subhash Pophale at May 31, 2016 at 6:33 pm
    Hi

    It would be like:
    1) What is the latest (Expired = '31-Dec-9999') value of "col2" for
    "col1" in date range between "From_Date" and "To_Date"?

    On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 11:48 PM, Subhash Pophale
    <subhash.pophale@gmail.com
    wrote:
    Hi All,

    I am new to Hbase database. I am planning to create rather mimic table
    in RDBMS which is temporal table which has below columns:

    Col1
    Col2
    From_Date
    To_Date
    Created
    Expired

    Primary Key is : {Col1,From_Date,Expired}

    Anyone has idea what is best Hbase design structure for such table?

    Many Thanks!

    Regards,
    Subhash Pophale
  • Mohammad Tariq at Jun 1, 2016 at 9:00 pm
    I don't think trying to 'mimic' an RDBS table in HBase is a very good idea.
    They both are completely different from each other, both in design and
    usage. For example, In order to get the latest value for a given column you
    don't have to do anything extra. You just do a Get operation on the desired
    rowkey, and by default HBase always gives you the latest value.

    You could probably have a composite rowkey consisting of the fields you are
    going to use most frequently during data retrieval. It's actually a bit
    difficult to suggest something substantial without proper information on
    your use case.

    [image: http://]

    Tariq, Mohammad
    about.me/mti
    [image: http://]
    <http://about.me/mti>

    wrote:
    Hi All,

    I am new to Hbase database. I am planning to create rather mimic table
    in RDBMS which is temporal table which has below columns:

    Col1
    Col2
    From_Date
    To_Date
    Created
    Expired

    Primary Key is : {Col1,From_Date,Expired}

    Anyone has idea what is best Hbase design structure for such table?

    Many Thanks!

    Regards,
    Subhash Pophale

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedMay 31, '16 at 6:18p
activeJun 1, '16 at 9:00p
websitehbase.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Subhash Pophale: 2 posts Mohammad Tariq: 2 posts