Grokbase Groups HBase user May 2016
1.Can I use Uniform split for non hex keys?
2.if yes, how to specify key range for split.
3.If no then whats the diff between HexSplit and Uniform Split.

Thanks!

Search Discussions

  • Jean-Marc Spaggiari at May 31, 2016 at 2:41 pm
    Hi Shushant,

    There is currently only 2 possible values for it. UniformSplit and
    HexStringSplit . UniformSplit will evenly split the regions using binary
    keys. Therefore, values might vary from
    0x00 to 0xFF. On the other side, HexStringSplit will create regions using
    hexadecimal strings values only. Those keys will be more readable and will
    vary from “0” to “F”. Creating 3 regions using HexStringSplit will give you
    “55555555” and “aaaaaaaa” as region’s boundaries. Indeed, it will split
    based on the string representation of “0” and of “F”. Creating 3 regions
    using UniformSplit will give you “UUUUUUUU” and
    “\xAA\xAA\xAA\xAA\xAA\xAA\xAA\xAA” as region boundaries. Which make sense
    since U code is 85 and \xAA represents 170. 85 represents a third of 255
    and 170 represents 2 thirds.

    HTH,

    JMS

    1.Can I use Uniform split for non hex keys?
    2.if yes, how to specify key range for split.
    3.If no then whats the diff between HexSplit and Uniform Split.

    Thanks!

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedMay 31, '16 at 2:30p