Grokbase Groups HBase user May 2016
Is your goal to protect web page access ?

Take a look at HBASE-5291.

If I didn't understand your use case, please elaborate.

Use user@hbase in the future.
On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 4:02 AM, WangYQ wrote:

in hbase, if we know zookeeper address, we can write and read hbase
if we know hmaster's address, we can see 60010 page

how can we make a safe use of hbase
such as, if we want to see 60010, to write/read hbase, we must have the
correct password, like linux

Search Discussions

  • WangYQ at May 17, 2016 at 3:28 pm
    I have 2 goals
    1. protect 60010 web page
    2. control the access to hbase, such as read and write
    for example, when want to access hbase, must have the correct password

    thanks

    Is your goal to protect web page access ?

    Take a look at HBASE-5291.

    If I didn't understand your use case, please elaborate.

    Use user@hbase in the future.

    in hbase, if we know zookeeper address, we can write and read hbase
    if we know hmaster's address, we can see 60010 page

    how can we make a safe use of hbase
    such as, if we want to see 60010, to write/read hbase, we must have the correct password, like linux
  • Ted Yu at May 17, 2016 at 4:06 pm
    Please read the following:

    http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#security
    2. control the access to hbase, such as read and write
    for example, when want to access hbase, must have the correct password

    thanks

    Is your goal to protect web page access ?

    Take a look at HBASE-5291.

    If I didn't understand your use case, please elaborate.

    Use user@hbase in the future.
    in hbase, if we know zookeeper address, we can write and read hbase
    if we know hmaster's address, we can see 60010 page

    how can we make a safe use of hbase
    such as, if we want to see 60010, to write/read hbase, we must have the
    correct password, like linux

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedMay 17, '16 at 2:04p