directory delete in hadoop

Nisha sharma
Sep 5, 2012 at 11:15 am
Hi,

I m usin the below method to delete a directory named testingfolder, will
this method delete all my jpeg files inside this directory will these files
also get deleted from hdfs along with the directory

fileSystem.delete(*new* Path("/user/testingfolder"),*true*);
reply

  • Nitin Pawar at Sep 5, 2012 at 11:21 am
    yes this will delete the entire directory and its contents (assuming
    that user running the code has the permission to delete the directory)

    --
    Nitin Pawar
  • Harsh J at Sep 5, 2012 at 11:48 am

    Sort of like rm vs. rm -r on *nix.
    I m usin the below method to delete a directory named testingfolder, will
    this method delete all my jpeg files inside this directory will these files
    also get deleted from hdfs along with the directory

    fileSystem.delete(
    new Path("/user/testingfolder"),true);

    --
    Harsh J
  • Chen He at Sep 5, 2012 at 1:57 pm
    you have to include the hdfs-site.xml and hdfs-default.xml. Because those
    two files tell you where is the namenode and what is the operation port.