[Hadoop-common-user] How to fetch the block names from fsimage/edits file?

Manu S
May 3, 2012 at 8:15 am
Hi All,

Can we find out the complete block names from the fsimage we have?

Scenario:
Accidentally we had lost the hdfs data. We have the previous fsimage before
the data loss. We have restored some data using some data recovery tools.
The recovered files are starting with *blk_<string>*. I read the fsimage
using *strings *command, but that doesn't give the block name details.

Thanks,
Manu S
reply

  • JunYong Li at May 3, 2012 at 8:30 am
    use $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop ovi command

    --
    Regards
    Junyong
    use $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop ovi

    Can we find out the complete block names from the fsimage we have?

    Scenario:
    Accidentally we had lost the hdfs data. We have the previous fsimage before
    the data loss. We have restored some data using some data recovery tools.
    The recovered files are starting with *blk_<string>*. I read the fsimage
    using *strings *command, but that doesn't give the block name details.

    Thanks,
    Manu S

    --
    Regards
    Junyong
  • JunYong Li at May 3, 2012 at 9:04 am
    use $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop ovi

    Can we find out the complete block names from the fsimage we have?

    Scenario:
    Accidentally we had lost the hdfs data. We have the previous fsimage before
    the data loss. We have restored some data using some data recovery tools.
    The recovered files are starting with *blk_<string>*. I read the fsimage
    using *strings *command, but that doesn't give the block name details.

    Thanks,
    Manu S

    --
    Regards
    Junyong
  • Amith D K at May 3, 2012 at 10:02 am
    Use
    $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hdfs oiv/oie

    in 0.23 and above versions

    Can we find out the complete block names from the fsimage we have?

    Scenario:
    Accidentally we had lost the hdfs data. We have the previous fsimage before
    the data loss. We have restored some data using some data recovery tools.
    The recovered files are starting with *blk_<string>*. I read the fsimage
    using *strings *command, but that doesn't give the block name details.

    Thanks,
    Manu S

    --
    Regards